• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An interesting poll...

This topic is 6466 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

you gotta realize, gameplay is the most important aspect here.. quality is secondary. given two more programmers, 3-4 artists and animators and a really good design department, i could crank out new episodes every three months, new genre each time.

here''s an example, and i''m going to omit the names of the participant parties in order not to get sued . when i was working at a certain company, we wanted to do a 3D sequel for a certain bestseller RPG that we were working on at the time. the time it took to throw together a 3d demo of our combat system using the textures and meshes from our iso engine was two weeks flat.

--
Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.

Advertisement
I think the idea of episodic releases is a good one. Maybe the first episode + the engine could be free, to entice people into buying later episodes? I think a system like this would run well online, with people paying to be able to download the next episode, although there''d always be a problem of security.

- Daniel
my homepage

• Advertisement