Multiple open workspaces

Started by
3 comments, last by evergrowgames 21 years, 3 months ago
I''m learning a new API, so I downloaded some sample code, which came in a project workspace. I also have my own project, and would like to flip back and forth between the workspaces, to change, read, and so forth. I''m using MSVC++ 6.0.
Advertisement
Open a second copy of MSVC++.
---------------------http://www.stodge.net
Thank you! That's so crazy! I've tried doing that before, but I guess that you have to do both right at the beginning! I've actually tried doing this before, but it actually worked this time! Now I feel stupid.

Again, thanks for your help! It's much appreciated!

[edited by - evergrowgames on January 18, 2003 11:27:40 AM]

[edited by - evergrowgames on January 18, 2003 11:28:16 AM]
Another way is to insert the API project into your current workspace. That way, you''ll also get the "auto-complete instruction" option on all functions.

ToohrVyk
-------------
Extatica - a free 3d game engine
Available soon!
Click here to learn more
You were probably double-clicking directly on the example.dsw files before, which causes Windows to open the clicked file into the actively-running copy of VStudio... only opening a fresh copy if no VStudio is currently running.

So yeah, in case you didn''t figure it out entirely yet: you just need to run your copies of VStudio manually from the start menu/desktop/shortcut bar (whereever you have the icon located-- I have it placed everywhere since it''s about the only thing I use on my computer, heh), and then open the examples using drag-and-drop or VStudio''s File:Open Workspace... menus.

- Air

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement