Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophist17

I need suggestions and comments!

Hey, I just designed a new website, i only got the first page up, because I don''t know will like it... Like the colors, font, font size, layout, design, logo... Tell me what you think, if you say everything is good, I mine as well stay with it, and keep going on, I don''t know how to make a URL yet, so the website is located at www.freewebs.com/liquidelements I will be geting a new domain soon :-P Reply ASAP! Please! Bye!

Hi there!

Nice work, but I have a few suggestions. Pleae note I only checked the page very briefly, not going deeper than the first page.

1. Too dark, not enough contrasts.
People will get tired trying to read the contents of your site. It looks dull. Make the contrast between background and text greater.

2. No colors
Add colors to your web site. You don''t have to add colors to everything but do try to add some pictures that breaks the dark colors of your page. I think Gamespots page is a very good example.

3. No possibility of changing the text size.
You obviously use stylesheets which is good. The bad thing is that some people will think the text is too small for their liking. This is ve ry common on websites today. Add a possibility to customize the page or at least the font. One way of doing this would be to add another stylesheet with bigger font and set the link to the stylesheet dynamically.

Can''t think of anything else to complain about

Good Luck!

Haha! Okay, will do! I''ll brighten the colors? The font should be big enough on 800x600... but I''ll bump the font up, maby use a silveresh background, use silver background, blackish text? Sound good? and yea, I''ll try an add more pictures, tho I don''t really have any quite yet , I am not an artist, any artist who wana help me out, thats ok, haha, email me at sophist17@msn.com
Okay, bye, thanks, please? Other people suggestions?

First of all, How is this got anything to do with programming.

Second, I might consider making you a logo if I find the time, Im extremely sick atm. and will be moving to a new house soon so not much computer for me. But when I get back I might cook something up

Whats this got to do with programming? Well the site is going to be for my developing team, and we need artist and programmers... So yea, lend me a email at Sophist17@msn.com ... If your interstead in being apart of us ... O, and whats your email Star??? I could use some pics on my website , and maby you could help out with our project , that is on the planning :-p...