Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yanuart

Combining animationset in an XFile (text) and then converting it into binary

Hi, I''m having a problem converting an XFile with two animationset into a binary x file. I have one x file consisting the skinmesh and lots of animation set for it. I use notepad to edit my xfile to add more animation set, and then if I load it using my loader it works fine for a text x file. If I change it to binary using Meshviewer utility it can only contains one animationset and the rest of the animationset won''t come along. How can I make the binary x file ? Is there anyway to do this without have to make my own converter ? Or in a binary xfile you can only have one animation set (sucks !)

Hi - just a quick thought - if you can load your mesh from the text file using your loader, then could you try to save it again as a binary file using D3DX8.SaveMeshToX? It wouldn''t seem to be that hard to make your own converter if you could just load the text file with the loader that you already have written and then call SaveMeshToX....

Of course, if you need some of the features that the mesh utility has, then the above might not work that well.

-BM