DelphiX Wavelist

Started by
0 comments, last by SimonB 21 years, 2 months ago
Having antother problem here (nothin Powerdraw related this time , I wanted to use a DXWavelist component to play sounds inside the game, but loading the .wav files in delphi does not seem to be a good idea (.exe would be something like 30 megs when the game is finished) but I wanted to dynamically load files into it at the start, so to say preload the sounds and then play them in the game, I do not want to have to load the sounds every time I play them but to stay in the memory (in the DXWavelist that is) but I have absolutely no idea how I could do this, thanks in advance for any help
Advertisement
Load them manually. Here''s some code from my old Black Magic project:

procedure TMainForm.LoadSamples();const SampleNames: array[0..12] of string =(''beam1.wav'', ''beam2.wav'', ''beam3.wav'', ''beam4.wav'', ''beam5.wav'', ''beam6.wav'', ''beam7.wav'', ''crash0.wav'', ''crash1.wav'', ''crash2.wav'', ''crash3.wav'', ''crash4.wav'', ''launch.wav'');var  i: Integer; Item: TWaveCollectionItem;begin for i:=0 to 12 do  begin   Item:= TWaveCollectionItem.Create(DXWaveList.Items);   Item.Wave.LoadFromFile(''sounds\'' + SampleNames[i]);   Item.Frequency:= 22050;   Item.Name:= SampleNames[i];   Item.MaxPlayingCount:= 3;  end;end;  

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement