• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plugwatson

straight to diagonal mapping

This topic is 5630 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone! Please could someone tell me how to convert from a standard map array... 1000 by 1000 maparray[1000000] to a diagonal arry from which the isometric game is viewed isometricarray[200] so far my code looks a bit like this on chooseareaofmap(themaploc,themap) global tilesacross global tilesdown global gmapwidth global gmapheight global visualmap rows = tilesdown * 2 -- first reference in the global map visualmap[1] = themap[themaploc[2]*1000+themaploc[1]] yy = 1 xx = 1 rowswitch = 1 visualmapcounter = 2 repeat while yy <=rows repeat while xx <=tilesacross if rowswitch = 1 then visualmap[visualmapcounter] = themap[((themaploc[2]-yy)*1000-xx)+(themaploc[1]-xx)] else visualmap[visualmapcounter] = themap[((themaploc[2]-yy)*1000-xx)+(themaploc[1]-xx)] end if visualmapcounter = visualmapcounter + 1 xx = xx + 1 end repeat if rowswitch = 0 then rowswitch = 1 else rowswitch = 0 end if xx= 1 yy = yy + 1 end repeat end This is a really tough one that may set me back to the drawing board! if you can''t decipher the code do you know anywhere I can find this code?

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!