Error linking Opengl tutorials

Started by
5 comments, last by ReDHiYa 21 years, 2 months ago
I''m using VC++ 6.0 and when I compile nehe tutorial I always get that error : Linking... LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "and.obj" Error executing link.exe. Help?
Advertisement
Freaky. Is there a source file in the project named and.[c/cpp]? Are you sure you downloaded the project file for VC?

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Didn''t someone else have this same problem recently? Anyway, check to make sure you didn''t do something like type "lesson5.cpp and requiredstuff.cpp". If so just remove the "and" and leave a space between the two filenames.

And the Phoenix shall rise from the ashes...

--Thunder_Hawk -- ¦þ
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
I rebooted my comp and the "and" error isn''t here anymore.
But I still get an error

Linking...
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/Lesson1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
what are you using for your windowing? SDL, win32, glut? If you are using glut, or sdl, you need to make your project a console app. To change an app''s type from your project, go to project/settings/link, go down to project options, find where it says subsytem:windows and change it to console. If you are using SDL, then you need to make sure you have it as a multithreaded dll and have SDLmain.lib and SDL.lib linked. If you are using the windows api, it needs to be a windows application. What are you using?
For now, i''m only trying to run the first opengl tutorial, I opened the file, linked things and try to run it. I use VC++ 6.0 and downloaded the project for it. I linked the OpenGL32.lib GLu32.lib, GLaux.lib.
Great thanks for your tips, it worked. I changed console for windows and it''s running

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement