DirectX 9 SDK CD

Started by
8 comments, last by Aeroum 21 years, 2 months ago
Hello, I was looking to find the DirectX 9 SDK. The download is quite large for the connection I have. Does anyone know of the site to order the CD? I know before with DirectX 8 and other version you could order the SDK on CD. But I can''t find it for DX9. Thanks, Aeroum
Advertisement
I had the same problem when I wanted to download the DirectX 8 SDK, but I never use the docs and example programs (which take up about 99% of the download size) so I got a buddy to send me just the lib and include folders. He zipped them up and they were like 2 megabytes. Maybe someone on the forum with DX 9 would be nice enough to send you the files? *hint, hint*
lol, seriously, btw whats the url for the dx 9 sdk?
"Good,evil,I got the gun"Ash- Evil Dead
For $2 + shipping (around a $1.50 in the US) I could mail you the whole thing on CD-Rom minus the Japenese help files.

on-line form here

Or for $1 a month or $5 for a year for an All Access Pass you can get just the files you want in the DevZone. Each section of the SDK has it''s own zip file. It''s more than just a few megs even with all the extra stuff taken out. Just the libs and includes are ~7MB. Then the redist.zip (the run times) are around 32MB.

Ben

IcarusIndie.com [ The Labyrinth | DevZone | Indie Mail | Hosting | Tiberian Merchandise | GameShot | Fun With Cutouts ]
nNot sure whether there is an official CD with the SDK. I got one from MS, but this is their customs for beta participants.

You propably are relying on a bburned CD from someone here :-)

Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
RegardsThomas TomiczekTHONA Consulting Ltd.(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
Ahh curse.

I guess it doesn''t exist...that''s annoying...maybe I''ll get it from the Rabbit Hole or something.

Oh, btw the url I found for the SDK is http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=124552FF-8363-47FD-8F3B-36C226E04C85&displaylang=en

Thanks everybody

Aeroum
FYI, I tried zipping up DirectX 8 and it was 2.52 megabytes.

I would definitely try to find someone who will email you DX 9, if you don''t mind not having the docs.
Hey thanks...but the limit on my email is 2 MB...and it''s almost halfway full. Heh...thanks though

Aeroum
headers
libs
edit: runtime
winrar

[edited by - niyaw on January 20, 2003 1:52:44 AM]
The headers and libs are completely useless without the run times.

Ben

IcarusIndie.com [ The Labyrinth | DevZone | Indie Mail | Hosting | Tiberian Merchandise | GameShot | Fun With Cutouts ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement