• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunder_Hawk

Screen Savers

This topic is 5720 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I use the Borland command-line compiler, and I want to compile lesson38''s screen saver code. Here''s the problem though, I don''t have SCRNSAVE.LIB . I''ve found the Microsoft library, but it won''t work with my linker. Does anyone have the code that''s actually in the library or a library that will work with my compiler? _____________________________ And the Phoenix shall rise from the ashes... --Thunder_Hawk -- ¦þ ______________________________

Advertisement
hehe, this is why i use VC++. Well....did you put the library in the right place? I remember doing somthin similar with a header. Or do like what glut does, , thats because glu is in the folder gl, well you proably know that.

Anyways, there must be a way to add it. I guess im not really a help.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I''m sure there''s a solution, but I don''t know what to do. By the way, I did google, finding lots of Chinese/Japanese articles that are of no use to me. Thanks in advance.

And the Phoenix shall rise from the ashes...

--Thunder_Hawk -- ¦þ

I''ve tried that already, but I can''t figure out the syntax for a static lib... I tried:

implib new.lib scrnsave.lib

and got:

Error scrnsave.lib: unknown file type

And that''s with use of the help file (it may as well be written on gibberish when it comes to this subject). Any ideas?

--Thunder_Hawk -- ¦þ

I''ve tried that already, but I can''t figure out the syntax for a static lib... I tried:

implib new.lib scrnsave.lib

and got:

Error scrnsave.lib: unknown file type

And that''s with use of the help file (it may as well be written on gibberish when it comes to this subject). Any ideas?

--Thunder_Hawk -- ¦þ

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!