[OT] Free renderbump tool beta

Started by
-1 comments, last by cseger 21 years, 3 months ago
(Sorry if this is a slightly off topic post, however, you guys are the perfect target audience for this...) We need beta testers for a renderbump tool, which will be freely availible once it''s past beta testing. Please test the tool on your models and send feedback to me: christian.seger@bth.se The tool features * Import of .ASC, .ASE, .OBJ formats * 3 different Renderbump commands * Renderbump1 - renders one bump map for the entire model (using imported texture mapping) * Renderbmp1Multi - render one bump map for each material found in model (using imported texture mapping) * Renderbump2 - renders one bump map with automatic texture packing (equal size) This is intented for models that lack texture mapping, however Renderbump1/1Multi often produces better results because of hand made texture mapping * Exports to .ORB (ascii) format (triangles with all normals, tangents and texture coordinates) * 3D view of resulting renderbump map using DOT3 bump-mapped lighting * Goraud shaded model next to it for camparison ... and a whole bunch of other features Please test it and report bugs, feature requests... ALSO, we need high polygon models with texture mapped low polygon versions for testing and demo purposes, if you have any or know of some good once, please let me know. The address is: http://www.soclab.bth.se/practices/orb.html Hope you like the tool. I''m looking forward to some feedback from you guys. Christian Seger SOCLAB

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement