Game ideas (hey, those are always fun to talk about :)

Started by
37 comments, last by Paladin 23 years, 11 months ago
Well... I have got some weird/fun/good game ideas, but I''m not going to do any of these atleast right now, because I have found out that I need much more time when I start working with something... right now I''m only in one project, that is the VQUEST (graphical mud... was long discussion before). Hopefully Novalis will continue coding it! Well, the ideas: 1. 2D-elite. I don''t understand why no-one has programmed it, since it would be extremely easy (in my opinion?) to create! Simply create always randomized world, and basically the gameflow is similar to Starcontrol 2, but the player wouldn''t have linear experience, but infinited possibilities to "become elite" Two dimensions would make programmin pretty darn easy when comparing to 3D, and so the time could be used for creating some fun features like multiple enemies attacking against player and stuff... pretty basic, but long fun! 2. THIS IS MY *** FAVORITE *** (and most commercial) idea: I don''t know why no-one has mixed Warhammer 40k table-rules for computer, when it would expand turnbased combat games for computer to another dimension! Player would play with small army (between 10-60 units), and game would be turnbased. Game would include main campaing that would be still randomized each time (like Imperium Galactica 2-single player). The big difference to other turnbased games would be the free movement. Each pixel would reprecent real distances, meaning that unit could move freely on battleground, like in tableboard-game. There would be no cells or hexas to move on, and everything would use circular movement/shooting system... Try playing WH40k and you understand how great it would be! 3. This is more just for fun, and I might actually create this during some late&dark sunday night with Qbasic Player would be a thief who is trying to become a masterthief. He has to start robbing houses and so on, and later on he starts robbing shops, and more later on some bigger places... Fort Knox? Player could use the money to hire some help, and he could pribe polices and so on. He could also buy lots of items that he could use during the robbing, like diamond-cutter to open windows (you know... cut window, put hand trought and open the lock), and guns and so on... This might be kind of fun game, little like Drugwars, but with more "idea" 4. Arcadehall simulator. I have told about this idea so many times before, and I created 3000 lines of code, and found out that Allegro is hard to use when you need to find fonts!!! So I never finished this little game, but it could be fun even without graphics (I know, because this isn''t my original idea, but I played crappy version of this idea, and I played it like 8hours before I found out that it was crappy and simple So, basically, you open your arcadehall, buy coin''ops, and do stuff like. You can build some more exiting machines also, like Laser-tag (UltraZone,LaserZone...whatever people call it, at Finland it''s MegaZone), go-karts, and so on. There would be lots of statistics to read and stuff... Basically try Rollercoaster tycoon, and you will find out how stupid this idea is, but how much fun it offers for player 5. Band simulator! Again, this isn''t my original idea, but someone at finland created textbased band simulator game (Bandi.exe), and it is simply great :D I played it with my friend for maaany hours, and ofcourse we discovered how stupid the game was, but it was just so much fun! Basically the idea was to buy instruments and simply practise by pressing (P)ractise, and when you were good enough, you go for to play for Pub, and then you get more money and you buy better instruments... and finally you are playing at Euroviisu(I don''t know what is the international name... European music happening? European music competition? something like that)... This is lots of fun! Well, just ideas to consider. If somebody would like to code one of these games even just for fun (without serious attitude), please let me know and I will help you :DD -Paladin

Advertisement
Game ideas were cool man!

How about this one: Based on a recent nightmare I had (any meaning in this Freud?):
"You and your party are on an island where there are dark caves. The people living in the caves are not from this world, but humanoid looking. There are evil small creatures (kinda like bugs) that attack their shrines and such. You decide you have to help the people here against the small creatures since you cannot get off the island. They use swords as weapons so you take two retractable ones. You stay and await the next alarm for the onrush of bugs in the cave."

Now that scared the begeeesus out of me. Actually there was a part of my dream where a small bug attacked me but I flung it off in time, it attacked "my friend" next to me (and I didn''t move an inch, I could have warned him). It bit him with a long tongue much like a frog. Luckily he went down with the flu only. Sheeze... what''s wrong with me?!?!
"If you build it, it will crash."
Hey, you are just messed up :D
That sounds kind of cool actually!
I have had some similar kind of nightmares, but I never was thinking about creating a game of those... I was thinking about writing a comic (manga) or short novel, but hey, after 15min I forget the whole thing...

I got one more idea, that again isn''t the original. This has been done by Japanise MANY TIMES before, but Americans&Europeans have REALLY HARD TIME finding these games...
Basically the idea is to live trough a school year, find the real love, go trough the big adventure, and so on... All in one year
The game interface is really really simple: Player can actually only choose things like what he wants to do after the school (maybe he can do two actions after the school, or so) and then he can interact (read: click&choose what you want to talk about (Like in old Adventure games)).
I have owned two pirate copies of these games. Both were japanise (translated to english). First one was simply to live the year, have parties, study, and stuff, and as boring as it sounds it WAS actually pretty darn fun, thanks to Japanise Anime-stylish world (read: in the world of anime, there is no boring day

Another one felt really similar, except that little later on I found out that the game was Hentai game, meaning that you are trying to score as many barely-old-enough girls as you can, and personally I HATE Hentai, so I didn''t play that much more... Nasty

Anyway, the idea of playing trough life is kind of fun
For an example, Jones And The Fast Lane (Sierra, early 90''s) was a game about starting with some guy with 50$ in pocket, and small town to live at. You start working, studying, and collecting everything that you can find from wallmart. When you are happy enough, rich enough, wise enough, and comfort enough, you will win... BUT O GOSH I used to play this game against my friends so many times (it includes 2-4 player multiplayer mode, really similar to singleplayer because it''s turnbased, but so much more fun).
This game can be found from Abandonware sites I believe...

-Paladin

As for your warhammer idea..its been done...its called ''Warhammer''
Older computer game, but just like you described.

Im sure you can still pick up a copy for $5
Auch...

Lets create remake of that game :-DDD

Anyway, the idea sounds socool... Was "my" idea (heh) a big hit? I never heard about this game called "Warhammer".

those ideas are great. but do you have any game concepts for a non-violent game.
adrian chen weihou
Violent games are cool !!!

-- There IS something rotten in the state of Denmark --
-------------Ban KalvinB !
Ofcourse! ... or well... err... gimme five minutes and I will have

Well, actually Arcade Hall simulator and thief-game were pretty non-violent ideas, as well as band-simulator.
I''m pretty sure that I could think about some fun puzzle-game ideas, but as far as I know, puzzle game needs COOL and GREAT idea that make player to play it... Tetris and columns did it, but I haven''t seen too many others... (what am I talking about ??? There are lots! Humans, Lemmings, Incubination (kind of), and many more).

Still, if someone is going to post own ideas (Please!), I would like to hear ideas other than "eat-pie-as-fast-as-you-can-by-pressing-mouse-button" or "kill those evil tomatoes".... I mean, I would like to hear ideas that are not compeletly joke (... Finnish "game developers" seem to have this problem that they make some crappy game in one night, with style "you are fartman, you have to fart evil monsters away").

Well, new ideas ?

you know you could play that thief game if you want, just go to a store and pick up a copy of Thief II: the Metal Age. It is a medieval setting, not modern but it is still the same thing you''re talking about. I played some Theif I, very fun but I haven''t had time to finish it.
Except my idea was actually not action based, but somekind of "simulation"/stradegy... But hey, it''s just an idea, maybe it wouldn''t even work!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement