Words I never want to see in a subject:

Started by
14 comments, last by bjmumblingmiles 21 years, 2 months ago
How many threads like that have you looked at, where the person is actually trying to ask a question, but they don''t know what they are asking. Some people use the forums to weigh up what they should learn.. sure using ''vs'' is a bad idea, but when they ask they don''t realise that many flame wars have begun and ended on the pro''s and con''s of DX and OGL. Let them ask their questions.. it should be for the rest of the community to guide them, if you don''t wanna help guide them, don''t answer, its VERY easy to ignore a post.

=*=
If things seem bad, think that they can get a whole load worse, and they don''t seem so bad anymore

=*=
Advertisement
"Urgent". I hate it when people think their posts are more important than others. It''s right up there with cross-posting and shameless bumping by posting "bump" or ".".

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
Don''t get me wrong, i am here to help people and get help when i need it...otherwise why would we be here! My sole point is that posts which are not well-thought out can nearly always be spotted by the subject line.

Brian
Brian J
Got another one- anything that blames the compiler: "crazy compiler error", "wierd compiler error!!!!", "my compiler is crazy!"

brian
Brian J
uh wow and this is not a waste of time?
quote:Original post by bjmumblingmiles
dead, vs, why , "simple program"

Yeah... what's up with people asking questions?

edit: lowered flame from about 60% to about 30% [realized that i shouldn't be quite so pissed off]

[edited by - TempusElf on January 20, 2003 10:23:13 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement