Ack... MS IDEs and .NET?!?

Started by
1 comment, last by JDBrown 21 years, 3 months ago
I''ve recently started writing my graphics engine using Visual C++ 6.0. I''m really discouraged with the IDE of VC++, or lack there of. Is there any alternative IDE''s that use the MS compilers? The language and environment I normally use is Delphi and IMHO, the IDE is second to none. Yes, it''s partially that I''m used to Delphi''s IDE, but it''s much more intuitive and efficient than VC++''s IDE. I haven''t looked much at Visual Studio .NET, but from what I''ve read they''ve made major improvements in the IDE. Is anyone doing graphics work with VS.NET? Is it a solid environment for graphics programming? Thanks! Jon
Advertisement
I would say that if you didn''t get on with the VC++6 IDE then you won''t find much to recommend the .NET IDE, as functionally they are not exactly worlds apart.

If you mean Windows GUI programming when you say "graphics", then VC++ is much more helpful in terms of IDE when you''re using MFC (a set of Microsoft libraries) that make it much easier to design forms and display them, with the downside of code bloat etc.
I guess I should have said game programming rather than graphics programming. Is anyone using the VS.NET for game development?

Jon

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement