GUI and web development

Started by
0 comments, last by yoda5 21 years, 3 months ago
I have a project for school, and basically we have been divided into a team and have to write the new software for an office on campus. I have a few questions maybe some could help me out on. First, where could I get some good information on GUI, as in websites, articles, or books. I have done some prelimenary searching and haven''t found much. We are planning on using C++ at the moment if that makes a difference. Second, where can we find some good information on web development issues, once again from either books to purchase, websites, etc? Finally, basically the website is going to collect data for a database on users that they enter...what language do you recommend? More importantly, all the programmers are comfortable with C++, so is there any language that would just blow it away that we should tackle for this project? Answers to any or all of these questions would be great. Thanks for the time
Advertisement
quote:Original post by yoda5

First, where could I get some good information on GUI, as in websites, articles, or books. I have done some prelimenary searching and haven''t found much. We are planning on using C++ at the moment if that makes a difference.

You can always check out an existing GUI libraray like Qt. However, you can design a fairly simple gui system by making good use of inherritenance ( ie start with a base widget and go from there ) and some function pointers.

quote:
Finally, basically the website is going to collect data for a database on users that they enter...what language do you recommend? More importantly, all the programmers are comfortable with C++, so is there any language that would just blow it away that we should tackle for this project?

PHP all the way. It works very well on the web and has many built-in features for database ( serveral different types ) access. And it is so much like C++ you should have no trouble picking it up.

-----------
Andrew

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement