Rackjobbing distribution for indie developers

Started by
1 comment, last by Xing Interactive 21 years, 2 months ago
Xing Interactive, Inc., a publisher of PC entertainment and productivity software, has started a new sales programme specifically designed for indie developers and publishers. The company has put a display unit containing 14 budget titles in independent retail stores (bookstores, supermarkets, petrol stations etc.) in the Netherlands. The programme currently contains about 100 display units in an equal number of stores but we strive to service 500 display units by the end of 2003. If this initial test in the Netherlands goes well then we are looking to expand to the United Kingdom, Belgium and Germany as well. The concept is designed for indie developers and publishers because this is the only system that will allow us to test the market for games none of the major retailers pick up (either due to a lack of shelf space or due to simply not wanting it). That''s why we are looking for good content we can sell at prices between 4,95 Euro and 9,95 Euro. Kind Regards, Alex de Vries President and CEO Xing Interactive, Inc. http://www.xinginteractive.nl E-mail: alex@xinginteractive.nl
Advertisement
I''ve seen your display unit at a Bruna store already! :-)

So how much do I earn when I give you a game?
Good to see a fellow Dutchman around here. To answer your question more accurately I''d need to see the actual game first but we pay 50% of the net profits as your share. Please note that it is in the case of a 10 Euro game the following calculation:

10 Euro retail
60% off as the wholesale price to the retail store
Leaving 4 Euro
1 Euro goes to production + shipping
Leaving 3 Euro to be divided
So your cut is 1,50 Euro per unit sold

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement