being smart

Started by
18 comments, last by inuendo1 21 years, 3 months ago
do i have to be really smart to be able to program i guess im quite intelligent for my age but all this maths is starting to piss me off thx in advance
Yay im new!c++ = c2? yar newbus!!!
Advertisement
you have to have a grain of sense about you. If you have dedication and the ability to solve problems, then you should be able to work it out. The maths stuff won''t get easier.. there gets to be a bit more of it, so if you can''t be bothered with maths, concentrate on an area of programming that doesn''t involve so much of it..

=*=
If things seem bad, think that they can get a whole load worse, and they don''t seem so bad anymore

=*=
You have to be really smart to program really well.
GSACP: GameDev Society Against Crap PostingTo join: Put these lines in your signature and don't post crap!
all you need is common sense.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
im quite capable at maths its just scholl was crap and i didnt get good marks so i fooked up now for life
im gonner do a foundation course then take computer science
is that the right way to go?
Buy a programming book, and teach yourself.

And, if you want to be succesfull in math, try to learn how to be a person that can learn math from a book. It''s not easy, but it gets easier...
------------------------------------------VOTE Patrick O'GradyWrite in Presidential CandidateThe Candidate who Cares.
I''ve always thought about a "relative" word (at least from what I''ve seen so far in high school) To do well on tests, you don''t need to be "smart", you just need to have a good memory That being said though, I think you do need to be "smart" for programming, and definetly be able to think logically through problems. Oh, almost forgot... PATIENCE too... grrr, lol
Peon
just got to pointers like 5 min ago...........
i think ill take a break now for a hour
quote:Original post by Peon
I''ve always thought about a "relative" word (at least from what I''ve seen so far in high school) To do well on tests, you don''t need to be "smart", you just need to have a good memory That being said though, I think you do need to be "smart" for programming, and definetly be able to think logically through problems. Oh, almost forgot... PATIENCE too... grrr, lol

having a good memory is part of it.. BUT you MUST learn math. u can''t study math.. when a lot of people tell me. Hey i need to study for my math test. I keep asking myself why these people need to study it.. math is just like you learn to walk,dress and etc.
Metal Typhoon
quote:Original post by Metal Typhoon
math is just like you learn to walk,dress and etc.

If you see life as math, then, poor you.

/xaxa kiss your forehead and gives you a candy.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement