trigonometrie

Started by
13 comments, last by alex8nder 21 years, 2 months ago
quote:Original post by Vlion

scheermesje: I think you mean diameter.
D = 2r
r^2 = x^2 = y^2.
Anyway.
#1. Correct spelling is sine, cosine, and tangent.

Sinus/cosinus are the dutch words I''m sorry But I''ve never had a real english math book so don''t know all the words in english. Thnx for the translation

And yes, I was describing a unit circle :D

Advertisement
Hi,
i know it''s been a while since this message was active, but i would like to tell that i found the formula of the sine and cosine and that it was all that i wanted. The formula for ths sin is: d = degree
180 - d *(0,015713484d /2)²*2)/90)
(square root of^ this to ^ this)
by the way this equation only is an approximation and it can only go to 90 degrees. The reason for this is because i had to find the equation by myself cause no one knew it sorry!
If any one could give me more things on trigonometri with there equations it would be gratefull. by the way i already know the cosine also so don''t need to talk about it.

by the way the square root is starts here: (0,015713484d /2)² *2; and ends here

It''s not going to know what it''s doing, without a book or some self exploration on paper. I suggest you get a book, mr. 8 grader.
This post will self-destruct in 5 seconds...Actually, it's just Benjamin Bunny doing his thing.
quote:Original post by Scheermesje

Sinus/cosinus are the dutch words I''m sorry But I''ve never had a real english math book so don''t know all the words in english. Thnx for the translation

And yes, I was describing a unit circle :D

Sinus is the Latin word for bay, as in a beach. Sin was originally called sinus. My maths teacher showed me why this was so, and I can''t remember now. Basically, if you draw a triangle in a circle, and do some things to it, you create the shape of a bay, and so Sinus was born, it''s also interesting to note that your sinus''s, above your nose are in the same shape.

Tangeant is a bit different, as you must draw tangeants on that circle to get the correct angle.

So, if you really want to be pedantic, Sinus, Cosinus and Tangeant are the correct terms.

quote:
I''m in 12th grade right now (in calc) and I want someone to show me an application of that stuff... lol... but anyway, I haven''t done a whole lot of programming but from what I understand, the trig functions are important for rotating things. I don''t really know enough about it to post, but I''ve definetly seen sin/cos used in rotation. I''m sure there are uses as well though.

I don''t know whether 12th grade is, but if it is equivalent to our first year of college (Year 12 in effect) then you will learn some application next year.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement