3d

Started by
5 comments, last by Bumba 23 years, 11 months ago
after responses on this board i am quitting my diablo game amd am going to write a quake game instead because it needs no inventory!?!?!?!?!!!?!? cans omeone help or point me to some 3d tutorials or classes!?!?!?!?!?
Advertisement
I think you should get going on the diablo game, for 2 reasons.

1) I dont think youre ready for 3D...just an intuition.
2) You seem to have had your heart set on that game, just go with it dude.

Don''t listen to people when they make fun of you, just read up on what you should no, and do your own thing. If theyre not giving you a reasonable answer, then just ignore them. There are people in life who need to make fun of people just to make themselves feel better, and you shouldnt care when they say anything to you.

Bottom line, stay away from 3D for a while.

- 3D is sometimes just eye candy and a ''check box''.
- AOE 2 is only 2D and 256 color.
- if inventory is your only problem, you are blessed.
- people fundamentally suck.
I can understand how creating an inventory could seem daunting.

For an inventory, you''d have to create GUI things, such as buttons, scroll bars, containers, text boxes? who knows. These things are challenging - BUT

Don''t think that 3D will be any easier. In fact, it''s far more challenging in many ways.

Keep on with the 2D stuff - try searching for existing GUI code and see how it works. Do a search on Allegro - it has some GUI code that''s very procedural... (not C++, but C) that is an interesting example. Take a look at LibUTA, a set of buttons, textboxes, etc. that is used when creating games using SDL. If you are creating a diablo game, I suggest you take a look at SDL if you haven''t already - it''s Simple Direct Layer? I think... that makes it fairly easy to do 2D games... and runs on Windows, Linux, etc. automatically.

Just some suggestions...

Clay Larabie
Clay LarabieLead DeveloperTacendia.com
I think you should do a simple 2D side scroller, if you have never made a game before.

Domini
Thats a wonderful idea

Bottomline: stay away from 3d

Umm, no offense to anyone, but I think that Bumba is just another Zontar. Diablo, Quake? Come on.

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement