Some blatant advertising

Started by
16 comments, last by Structural 21 years, 3 months ago
Very impressive!! I like it a lot. Could you please send me the source so I can play with it??

Greetings!

Egon
germofer@ono.com
Advertisement
quote:
Thanks...
Yes, I still use the stencil buffer for my reflections. I haven''t taken a look at scissoring yet and thereby I''m affraid that I get weird results when not using the buffer. I could be wrong there as I know nothing about scissoring.
Good thing I added an option to disable reflections in-game .

the reason I mentioned scissoring was becase the only time the refelctions every need to be capped is when they go out of the green square edges. (well, it appears this way anyway). scissoring tackles this pretty well since you''d be restricting rendering to a smaller area, in this case, the green ''box''.

| - Project-X - my mega project.. big things comming soon - | - adDeath - an ad blocker I made - | - email me - |
hehe. my firewall decided that pong.exe was a potentially dangerous file. so it denied it access to fileIO, so your app couldn''t load the config file, and hence crashed.
hehe.

| - Project-X - my mega project.. big things comming soon - | - adDeath - an ad blocker I made - | - email me - |
Good game! I like it, especially the bouncing physics and the sparks. Runs absolutely fine on WinXP here.

In regards to your problems with pinpointing the exact position of the cursor, a very easy solution would be to simply turn off the cursor alltogether. After all, with the pad in place it''s hardly necessary to see the windows cursor too.

You can turn the cursor visible/invisible with the API call ShowCursor().
quote:Original post by RipTorn
hehe. my firewall decided that pong.exe was a potentially dangerous file. so it denied it access to fileIO, so your app couldn''t load the config file, and hence crashed.
hehe.

Is there any reason it decides that it''s a dangerous file? A mistake on my behalf?

Nicba: thanks for the tip. I have taken it into account when making it, but never got around to do it and was rather low on my priority list.
STOP THE PLANET!! I WANT TO GET OFF!!
quote:Original post by Structural
Is there any reason it decides that it''s a dangerous file? A mistake on my behalf?

no

I followed your advise in re-downloading and now it seems to run perfectly some amazing techniques used there.. a little distraction from my physics engine i''m writing slowly but surely
quote:Original post by RipTorn

no

\/ <-- waving man

JezzGoodwin, nice to see you got it to work. It's still beyond me why it messes up.

[edited by - Structural on January 22, 2003 3:19:55 AM]

[edited by - Structural on January 22, 2003 3:20:29 AM]
STOP THE PLANET!! I WANT TO GET OFF!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement