Good MD2 model creator

Started by
4 comments, last by Structural 21 years, 2 months ago
What are the best and easiest MD2 model creators/editors around? I have been orienting on MD2 loaders for a while but I need an editor to make a few models. Note, I''m a programmer, not a visual artist, so ease of use is high on my list.
STOP THE PLANET!! I WANT TO GET OFF!!
Advertisement
Ummm... not to be rude or anything, but this post should be in one of the technical forums. This is the Game design forum, only posts about things like writting/design/world building go here.

Thank-You!

Sir Darkan Fireblade
Sir Darkan Fireblade
I think the guys in the art forum might be able to give you the best answers.
Try MS3D. It is a cheap software and it exports MD2 format. It is really good, especially for the price. Many Mod developers use it. Commercial developers usually use something like 3ds max, but that is really expensive and unnecesary if you just want a couple MD2 models to play with.
Thanks Sandman... I wasn''t sure where to put this thread, so I closed my eyes and clicked randomly. Heh heh... just kidding.

I''ll see if I can get hold of MS3D... any other tips?
STOP THE PLANET!! I WANT TO GET OFF!!
AC3D is another one that is cheap modeler. Blender is completely free. I think MS3D is the only one that exports MD2 files though. And it is very easy to use. Though, Blender exports in other formats and you should be able to write a converter or find one on the net if you dont want to pay the $25 for MS3D. It is really not that much though, considering how good it is.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement