C# Question?

Started by
10 comments, last by DarkEldar77 21 years, 3 months ago
Hi, How do I generate a random number between 1 and 3 using C#? Thank You
Visit My C++ Programming Site:http://darkeldar77.tripod.com/cpp.html
Advertisement
Please go away.
SabreMan: Everyone start as a newbie. Shame!

DarkEldar77: Sorry, i don''t know any C#.
quote:Original post by al_le

Everyone start as a newbie: agreed. But there was a time when
newbies used their own brain instead of asking trivial questions
on this forum.
Paste the following into the address bar in IE: ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/cpref/html/frlrfSystemRandomClassTopic.htm

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." -- George Bernhard Shaw
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
in the help index change your filter to ".net framework sdk" the look up System.Random
quote:Original post by al_le

There is only one integral between 1 and 3, which means either the OP was being deliberately stupid, or that the problem is wildly under-specified (such as, he meant 1 to 3 inclusive, or he wants FP with double precision, or some such, any of which can be answered in 10 seconds flat by reading the the manual). My initial reaction was that it was a trick question (hence my initial response), but looking at his posting history I can see he consistently under-specifies problems.
descriptive topic name too

// C# codeRandom rnd = new Random();Int32 number = rnd.Next(1,4);// Parameters//	minValue: The lower bound of the random number returned. //	maxValue: The upper bound of the random number returned. maxValue must be greater than or equal to minValue.   
daerid@gmail.com
quote:Paste the following into the address bar in IE:

You should probably explain the copy-paste procedure as well.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement