how old are game developers?

Started by
55 comments, last by WormWood 21 years, 2 months ago
I''m 18 and i have been programming in C++ since 14. I started with QBasic at 9(good old times where you tought a game was just made by the sprites )
Advertisement
Not quite sure when I started, somewhere in the 9-11 range, but it was Basic on an Apple IIgs and self taught. It all started with a text based adventure game my cousin wrote for his computer programming class in high school. It was called 'Kill the Rotten Smurfs'. There was a bug in it that caused it to break if you didn't follow the path perfectly to the end, so I had to read the source to find out exactly how to proceed.

I wrote my first 3D program when I was 16, 10 or 11 years ago, on a 286. I had a polygon ship with "columns" and "walls" that you had to dodge as they came flying at you. The perspective never was correct though. And it was my first data driven engine.

I'm 26 now and very nearly into game development. Right now I'm looking at the perfect company, I just hope they decide to hire me.

[edited by - Xanthen on January 24, 2003 6:19:23 PM]
XanGame ProgrammerVolition Inc.
I am 32, i started programming when i was 11 on a Sinclair ZX81, moved up to BBC, then Amiga and now PC.

I do programming for a living, and game programming for fun, have been making games since the ZX81 days and i still injoy it.

Have been working in the game bizz for some years, and maybe someday i will go back.
I''m 24, began programming when I was 9 back on my old commodore 64, where I typed the code straight out of the manual, and managed with a little help from my father to make sprites. I made a text budgeting system in Amos on the Amiga where I made tons of anims with Deluxe Paint IV. I attended college for a few years at Cal Poly, Slo for computer programming, dropped out, headed to Academy of Art in SF,CA and dropped out. I am now enlisted with the USMC. No combat action, Military Police just living in Okinawa, Japan for the next 6 months till I head back to California.

Email me if you like, valles_mar@hotmail.com
Interest in games since the sega masters system.. my dad bought it for me when it was released, i bet he regrets doing so. I still have it, the sega :D
Finally! A computer at 16. (non-stop programming)..
Current age: 20.
Well, I''m 4 now so I''m pretty young. But I actually started programming five years ago from inside the tummy (using a neural cable).

In a year or so when I am BIG I plan to start a game company (in my father''s name).
What is the bandwith of that neural cable?
Dam, I chewed on my neural cable >_< when I was in the bellah. Ok Cuculain you win nothing to brag about over here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement