displaying a bitmap in a dialog box

Started by
0 comments, last by Lord Benoit 21 years, 2 months ago
I need to load and display a bitmap in a dialog box but I dont know what functions to use to do this. I intend on using GDI. If anybody could answer me, I would greatly appreciate it.
-------Im not Greedy,Im just generous with myself
Advertisement

HDC hOffscreenDC;HBITMAP hBitmap;POINT ptBitmapSize;BOOL CALLBACK DlgProc(HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam){	switch(msg)	{		case WM_INITDIALOG:		{			//create a DC to hold the bitmap			hOffscreenDC = CreateCompatibleDC(GetDC(hwnd));			//load a bitmap from the given file into 'hBitmap'			hBitmap = (HBITMAP)LoadImage(0, strBitmapFilename, IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, LR_LOADFROMFILE);				BITMAP bitmap;			GetObject(hBitmap, sizeof(BITMAP), (void*)&bitmap);			ptBitmapSize.x = bitmap.bmWidth;			ptBitmapSize.y = bitmap.bmHeight;			//select the bitmap onto the offscreen DC			SelectObject(hOffscreenDC, hBitmap);			return 0;		}		case WM_PAINT:		{			PAINTSTRUCT ps;			HDC hMainDC = BeginPaint(hwnd, &ps);			BitBlt(hOffscreenDC, 0, 0, ptBitmapSize.x, ptBitmapSize.y, hMainDC, 0, 0, SRCCOPY );			EndPaint(hwnd, &ps);			return 0;		}		case WM_CLOSE:		{			Shutdown();			EndDialog(hwnd, 0);			return 0;		}		default:			return 0;	}}void Shutdown(){	//deselect the bitmap out of the DC	SelectObject(DC, 0);	//delete the objects that we created	DeleteDC(hOffscreenDC);	DeleteObject(hBitmap);}  

Note that if your dialog box is modeless (you created it with CreateDialog()) then you should remove the line "EndDialog(hwnd, 0);", and add "DestroyWindow(hwnd);" at the very end of your program (not within the DlgProc() function).

If your dialog is modal, just leave the EndDialog() in there and you should be all set.

-Mike

[edited by - doctorsixstring on January 20, 2003 4:02:57 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement