• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone help me with my code

This topic is 5512 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

for this code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int score[5], t, x; int low, avg; char let; cout<<"Enter 5 test grades: \n"; for(t=0; t<=4; t++) { cin>>score[t]; } for(x=0,t=0;t<5 && x<5;t++) { for(;;x++) { if(x==5) low=score[t] break; else if(score[t]>score[x]) break; } } avg=(score[0]+score[1]+score[2]+score[3]+score[4]-score[t])/4; if(avg>90) let= ''A''; else if(avg>79 && avg<90) let= ''B''; else if(avg>74 && avg<80) let= ''C''; else if(avg>69 && avg<75) let= ''D''; else let=''F''; cout<<"The lowest test grade is "<

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by Penguinzchaseme
{
if(x==5) low=score[t]*here* break; <------
else

you''re missing there a ;

that should do it

To be considered a genius you just have to say what everybody knows in a way very few understand

Change the line where says...

if(x==5) low=score[t] break;

and there put...

if(x==5) {low=score[t]; break;}

I hope that this was the problem.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I''m anonymous because the moderators have fettered my name, . Your code allocates space for 6 grades, ie score[5],ie score[5]={0,1,2,3,4,5}...it should be score[4]; gotta remember the 0 is part of the array index!

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
I''m anonymous because the moderators have fettered my name, . Your code allocates space for 6 grades, ie score[5],ie score[5]={0,1,2,3,4,5}...it should be score[4]; gotta remember the 0 is part of the array index!

You got it wrong; score[5] allocates space for 5 variables from 0..4.

"George W. Bush Geography Simplification Initiative"

More info on George W. Bush
My Homepage (C++ SDL OpenGL Game Programming)

• Advertisement