Can someone help me with my code

Started by
3 comments, last by Penguinzchaseme 21 years, 2 months ago
for this code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int score[5], t, x; int low, avg; char let; cout<<"Enter 5 test grades: \n"; for(t=0; t<=4; t++) { cin>>score[t]; } for(x=0,t=0;t<5 && x<5;t++) { for(;;x++) { if(x==5) low=score[t] break; else if(score[t]>score[x]) break; } } avg=(score[0]+score[1]+score[2]+score[3]+score[4]-score[t])/4; if(avg>90) let= ''A''; else if(avg>79 && avg<90) let= ''B''; else if(avg>74 && avg<80) let= ''C''; else if(avg>69 && avg<75) let= ''D''; else let=''F''; cout<<"The lowest test grade is "<<score[t]<<"\n"; cout<<"The numerical average of the other four grades is "<<avg<<"\n"; cout<<"The letter average of the other four grades is "<<let; return 0; } I get the following errors in dev-c++: [warning]in function ''int main()'': line 16-parse error before ''break'' does anyone know why i am getting these errors?
When Penguins are chasing you, resistance is futile, give into their demands and they may spare you
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Penguinzchaseme
{
if(x==5) low=score[t]*here* break; <------
else

you''re missing there a ;

that should do it

To be considered a genius you just have to say what everybody knows in a way very few understand
To be considered a genius you just have to say what everybody knows in a way very few understand
Change the line where says...

if(x==5) low=score[t] break;

and there put...

if(x==5) {low=score[t]; break;}

I hope that this was the problem.
I''m anonymous because the moderators have fettered my name, . Your code allocates space for 6 grades, ie score[5],ie score[5]={0,1,2,3,4,5}...it should be score[4]; gotta remember the 0 is part of the array index!
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
I''m anonymous because the moderators have fettered my name, . Your code allocates space for 6 grades, ie score[5],ie score[5]={0,1,2,3,4,5}...it should be score[4]; gotta remember the 0 is part of the array index!

You got it wrong; score[5] allocates space for 5 variables from 0..4.

"George W. Bush Geography Simplification Initiative"

More info on George W. Bush
My Homepage (C++ SDL OpenGL Game Programming)
---Just trying to be helpful.Sebastian Beschkehttp://randomz.heim.at/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement