• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wuming79

DirectX incompatible in win NT?

This topic is 5687 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recently I tried to run a program known as joytoy in visual c++. I found it while using it''s Help command. It will show that some dll file cannot be detected when I execute it in win NT, but when I search for it in that pc, the dll file is there. There is no problem when I use win 98, and the type of direct(something).dll which is in win nt is also in win 98 in the same file location. As I am going to do a little presentation in my school which is all win NT OS, I wonder if there is any batch for it or something that can make it work in win nt.

Advertisement
You can''t install a higher version than version 3 on NT. It came with service pack 4 I believe (and you''d be completely insane to be running on less than service pack 4)

If I had my way, I''d have all of you shot!

codeka.com - Just click it.

Stupid question, but are you sure you''re using the DirectX 3 interfaces? These would be IDirectDraw2 and IDirectDrawSurface2 and so on.

If I had my way, I''d have all of you shot!

codeka.com - Just click it.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!