• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Koen

TrackMouseEvent in win2k??

This topic is 5776 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to use TrackMouseEvent to generate WM_MOUSELEAVE-messages. The compiler doesn''t recognize TRACKMOUSEEVENT or _TrackMouseEvent or TrackMouseEvent. I''m quite sure the correct headers/libs are included. I''m using MSVC 6.0, win2k SP3 and a windows SDK downloaded less than two months ago. The problem should be with this part of Winuser.h (I think): #if(_WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0400) #ifndef NOTRACKMOUSEEVENT #define TME_HOVER 0x00000001 #define TME_LEAVE 0x00000002 #define TME_QUERY 0x40000000 #define TME_CANCEL 0x80000000 #define HOVER_DEFAULT 0xFFFFFFFF // end_r_winuser typedef struct tagTRACKMOUSEEVENT { DWORD cbSize; DWORD dwFlags; HWND hwndTrack; DWORD dwHoverTime; } TRACKMOUSEEVENT, *LPTRACKMOUSEEVENT; WINUSERAPI BOOL WINAPI TrackMouseEvent( LPTRACKMOUSEEVENT lpEventTrack); // begin_r_winuser #endif /* !NOTRACKMOUSEEVENT */ #endif /* _WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0400 */ Does anybody have any clue what is wrong? Thanks.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
"#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" before you #include windows.h.

Guest Anonymous Poster
or as a pre-processor definition in your project settings.

"#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" works fine. Thanksalot. I''ve tried adding it changing "WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS" (without quotes)into "WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS,_WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" (without quotes) in the preprocessor definition for ''All configurations'', but this doesn''t seem to work.

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Koen
"I''ve tried adding it changing "WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS" (without quotes)into "WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS,_WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" (without quotes) in the preprocessor definition for ''All configurations'', but this doesn''t seem to work.

i don''t think you can do that with the VC++ IDE. you can do that as a compiler command line option though, if you were using a makefile for instance.

quote:
Original post by Koen
"#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" works fine. Thanksalot. I've tried adding it changing "WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS" (without quotes)into "WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS,_WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" (without quotes) in the preprocessor definition for 'All configurations', but this doesn't seem to work.

use

WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS,_WIN32_WINNT=0x0500

[edited by - niyaw on January 21, 2003 5:16:25 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!