TrackMouseEvent in win2k??

Started by
5 comments, last by Koen 21 years, 2 months ago
I''m trying to use TrackMouseEvent to generate WM_MOUSELEAVE-messages. The compiler doesn''t recognize TRACKMOUSEEVENT or _TrackMouseEvent or TrackMouseEvent. I''m quite sure the correct headers/libs are included. I''m using MSVC 6.0, win2k SP3 and a windows SDK downloaded less than two months ago. The problem should be with this part of Winuser.h (I think): #if(_WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0400) #ifndef NOTRACKMOUSEEVENT #define TME_HOVER 0x00000001 #define TME_LEAVE 0x00000002 #define TME_QUERY 0x40000000 #define TME_CANCEL 0x80000000 #define HOVER_DEFAULT 0xFFFFFFFF // end_r_winuser typedef struct tagTRACKMOUSEEVENT { DWORD cbSize; DWORD dwFlags; HWND hwndTrack; DWORD dwHoverTime; } TRACKMOUSEEVENT, *LPTRACKMOUSEEVENT; WINUSERAPI BOOL WINAPI TrackMouseEvent( LPTRACKMOUSEEVENT lpEventTrack); // begin_r_winuser #endif /* !NOTRACKMOUSEEVENT */ #endif /* _WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0400 */ Does anybody have any clue what is wrong? Thanks.
Advertisement
"#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" before you #include windows.h.
or as a pre-processor definition in your project settings.
"#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" works fine. Thanksalot. I''ve tried adding it changing "WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS" (without quotes)into "WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS,_WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" (without quotes) in the preprocessor definition for ''All configurations'', but this doesn''t seem to work.
quote:Original post by Koen
"I''ve tried adding it changing "WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS" (without quotes)into "WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS,_WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" (without quotes) in the preprocessor definition for ''All configurations'', but this doesn''t seem to work.

i don''t think you can do that with the VC++ IDE. you can do that as a compiler command line option though, if you were using a makefile for instance.
quote:Original post by Koen
"#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" works fine. Thanksalot. I've tried adding it changing "WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS" (without quotes)into "WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS,_WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" (without quotes) in the preprocessor definition for 'All configurations', but this doesn't seem to work.

use

WIN32,_WINDOWS,_MBCS,_WIN32_WINNT=0x0500

[edited by - niyaw on January 21, 2003 5:16:25 PM]
Yep, that works. Thank you very much.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement