• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cubemap generation at runtime

This topic is 5598 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Currently I''m using a cube map being read from 6 bitmap files at program start. How can I generate the 6 textures from my scene? I think I need some sort of render to texture taking 6 pictures of my scene. Has anyone a sample code? Thanks

Advertisement
thanks for the link.

this code sample renders the 6 cube map textures into the frame buffer and then grabs them into the cube surfaces.

is there a way to directly render in the cube map with some sort of 'render to texture' technique?

[edited by - phong666 on January 22, 2003 4:05:43 AM]

It''s still a render-to-texture technique, he just uses the backbuffer instead of a pbuffer. You could always merge the link I gave you with a pbuffer tutorial to get the implementation I think you are looking for.

I''d suggest a Google search on "dynamic cubemaps using pbuffers" or something like that.

Meanwhile I''ve implemented the dynamic cube maps the way it is describe by your website in the frame buffer. And it works fine.

Maybe I rewrite it someday with pbuffers.

Thanks for your help

Meanwhile I''ve implemented the dynamic cube maps the way it is describe by your website in the frame buffer. And it works fine.

Maybe I rewrite it someday with pbuffers.

Thanks for your help

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!