• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Penguinzchaseme

Newbie and ready to Go!

This topic is 5744 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m 13 years old, i''ve been programming for about 1 month in C++(enough time to learn dos programming(no win32 yet))I have dev-C++ and I''m going to try to get msvc .net soon. I learn really fast, I hate school because it''s so freakin easy! and I can''t take a programming course until next year and those will probly be freakin easy(I''m skipping one), and I have and am ready to spend a lot of free time on programming. I am looking for someone(can be another newb so we can help eachother but you must be dedicated to programming) to contact with through e-mail, aim(my sn is stud7899), ect. about C++, also: what software/hardware do I need to get for game programming(2d/3d animation, sound, anything)?

Advertisement
Hey man, go for it! Don''t worry, programming is not too hard. An important piece of hardware you may need eventually is a good 3D card. Software: MSPaint! Just kidding - you might want to get some kind of 3D modeller eventually when you start doing that kind of stuff. If you''re learning Win32, remember that it is a bit different from DOS - that is, instead of programming linearly you program with a message loop and all that. I''m sure you''ll figure it out. Good luck!

Firebird Entertainment

if there one piece of advice i would give is to let people know that you don''t know something. Seriously, when you tell people you don''t know they usually want to tell you. If you tell them you already know it then why would they. Not that you would do this. It is just something that a lot of newbie game programmers do trying to be part of the crowd or something like that. As far as dev-c++ be careful. I use it and love it but know that there are a couple of quirks that can be a pain. Especially if you want to do directx as opposed to openGL. Anyhow i''ve already written way to much. AOL/Yahoo messenger = padlamoij...for any questions about dev-c++.

Like, you don''t get to shoot anyone. And where are all the nude women!

Guest Anonymous Poster
In some posts I read there is difficulties compilin direct X libraries with Dev c++, i''ve tried a couple of time to compile a direct X 8.1 library linked .cpp file and it never works.

Could someone link me to a guide or help ?

Thanks

Guest Anonymous Poster
In some posts I read there is difficulties compilin direct X libraries with Dev c++, i''ve tried a couple of time to compile a direct X 8.1 library linked .cpp file and it never works.

Could someone link me to a guide or help ?

Thanks

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hey Penguinzchaseme,

I would like to be like a lil learning buddy, im currently reading the cplusplus.com tutorial website and going along pretty neat (but i have read the first couple of chapters of Ivor Horton''s beginning c++). So if you would like to get in contact email me at, kupix87@hotmail.com. Would like to talk to you about it, im 15 myself.

hey im 15, and I''m a n00b as well. I''m learning C++ right now. So maybe we can learn something from each other.

you can contact me at digigamer15@hotmail.com or at treborDOD on AIM.

-----------------------------
Programming is confussing!
AIM: Trebor DoD

I''m 16 and consider myself a seasoned programmer in terms of knowing something about everything
Gimmie a ring on aim (rockinsm) if you have any questions.

Hey. I''m 17 here and have a hard time to stay motivated whenever i try to learn C++. The reason for this is because i am trying to learn it on my own but with no one else doing it with me its just hard to stay motivated. Maybe it would be possible to start some type of group? Just an idea, if anyone is interested e-mail me at falkenbergs@telusplanet.net or my icq # 25354395. BTW i''ve learnt Basic, Visual basic and a fair amount of Perl in the past just so you know about what level i''m on. Havn''t really learnt any C++ except for a few chapters in tutorials.

Thanks,
Joel Falkenberg

omg arjoel you stole my answer
im 17 and just started to getinto programming
you find it easy
it would be great idea to start a group
my email is slimblues@hotmail.com
icq 101796597
maybe get a web site fo like little projects etc

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!