• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muzlack

My artwork, before and after (LOL)

This topic is 5751 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone. I was looking at some of my work. I have gotten so much better at art in the last year. At least, my skills at sketching haven''t increased a bit. But I''m getting so much better at photoshop! I can make some pretty mean stuff. For example: take a look at this remake of a King''s Quest 3 screen: (Within the last week) Compared to this: I''ve come a long way. The funny thing is, I was thinking of how many serious art attempts of this nature I''ve tried since then. I found my number: 4 or 5. Seriously. I don''t know what happened, but my art genes kicked in this year. LOL. No crits are necessary, just laugh with me.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
btw, the original image (with stream rock and tree) was dated february 2002

i have a question for ya.
how did you get such detail in there.
did you use primitives? scanned a pre-made sketch? use a drawing tablet?
i''m pretty sure that''s not all with a mouse. or is it?!

I wish I could paint/sketch. It IS a sketch, scanned, and completely done with mouse on computer. I basically colored over each element of the sketch with a new layer in photoshop.

I like the picture it looks good just some tips, make sure you can no longer see the pencil when the image is finished I can somewhat see pencil lines on the house. Also make sure your edges are clearly defined and that the whole image has the same light sources unless a light is only effecting a certain area. Looks good though good work.

XenoG

Muzlack- The blurry hills and trees in the background adds nice perspective, looks neat

quote:
Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
i have a question for ya.
how did you get such detail in there.
did you use primitives? scanned a pre-made sketch? use a drawing tablet?
i'm pretty sure that's not all with a mouse. or is it?!

Can't answer your question, but... I did this with mouse a few years ago, nowadays I always use my tablet. I'm just saying that it is possible to get alot of detail even with a mouse. It just takes alot of time =P

[edited by - Herr_O on January 23, 2003 3:48:33 AM]

(jaw drops)

Herr_O... thats amazing!

And that was all done mith a mouse in photoshop?

Wow...

And Muzlack... thats really good too! The only problem I can see is the fence... wow...

I''ll just walk off before I get too dizzy... :\

I agree that Herr_o''s is very very good. However, using near-photorealistic graphics won''t help much in my game. Gotta keep a slight hint of cartoonism

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!