My artwork, before and after (LOL)

Started by
7 comments, last by Muzlack 21 years, 2 months ago
Hello everyone. I was looking at some of my work. I have gotten so much better at art in the last year. At least, my skills at sketching haven''t increased a bit. But I''m getting so much better at photoshop! I can make some pretty mean stuff. For example: take a look at this remake of a King''s Quest 3 screen: (Within the last week) Compared to this: I''ve come a long way. The funny thing is, I was thinking of how many serious art attempts of this nature I''ve tried since then. I found my number: 4 or 5. Seriously. I don''t know what happened, but my art genes kicked in this year. LOL. No crits are necessary, just laugh with me.
--Muzlack
Advertisement
btw, the original image (with stream rock and tree) was dated february 2002
i have a question for ya.
how did you get such detail in there.
did you use primitives? scanned a pre-made sketch? use a drawing tablet?
i''m pretty sure that''s not all with a mouse. or is it?!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

OMG! I though that was a scan there for a second.
I wish I could paint/sketch. It IS a sketch, scanned, and completely done with mouse on computer. I basically colored over each element of the sketch with a new layer in photoshop.
--Muzlack
I like the picture it looks good just some tips, make sure you can no longer see the pencil when the image is finished I can somewhat see pencil lines on the house. Also make sure your edges are clearly defined and that the whole image has the same light sources unless a light is only effecting a certain area. Looks good though good work.

XenoG
Muzlack- The blurry hills and trees in the background adds nice perspective, looks neat

quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
i have a question for ya.
how did you get such detail in there.
did you use primitives? scanned a pre-made sketch? use a drawing tablet?
i'm pretty sure that's not all with a mouse. or is it?!

Can't answer your question, but... I did this with mouse a few years ago, nowadays I always use my tablet. I'm just saying that it is possible to get alot of detail even with a mouse. It just takes alot of time =P

[edited by - Herr_O on January 23, 2003 3:48:33 AM]

Herr_O... thats amazing!

And that was all done mith a mouse in photoshop?

Wow...

And Muzlack... thats really good too! The only problem I can see is the fence... wow...

I''ll just walk off before I get too dizzy... :\

I agree that Herr_o''s is very very good. However, using near-photorealistic graphics won''t help much in my game. Gotta keep a slight hint of cartoonism
--Muzlack

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement