• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CProgrammer

Project progress sharing

This topic is 5603 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just thought it would be about time to open another one of those "project" threads. I''m always interested in seeing other peoples projects. So anybody who wants to post some screenshots of your latest project and give a download link. Heres mine: And heres my website where you can download the project(in the programming section): http://atumotu.shorturl.com -CProgrammer ------------------------------------------------------ My Website

Advertisement

Play my game: NetRush ! www.netrush.fr.st

[edited by - Klaim on January 22, 2003 7:29:15 AM]

Structural:
I''d love to see the game, but the link doesn''t work from my internet. Some sites dont work with my connection especially fortunecity and geocities.

Klaim:
The screens look cool.
www.netrush.fr.st didnt work, however http://netrush.free.fr did work but i need a user name and password to download!

I wasn't planning on doing this, because it's essentially a learning project, and there's no telling when it will reach a playable beta state. But those few who have seen it in action tell me it's cool, so here goes.

The yellow thing in the middle of the screen is a placeholder for PacMan. The camera rotates around the cube to keep PacMan in the center of the screen at all times. Currently there is no functionality other than player movement.

The camera currently uses Euler angles. I'm redoing the code right now to allow for arbitrary rotation, so there's no gimbal lock or sudden inversions of the view. After that, I get to work on camera-dependent movement. I realized a while back that moving should be relative to camera orientation, not absolute world coordinates...

yckx

[edited by - yckx on January 22, 2003 7:19:55 PM]

yckx:
Hey that is a neat idea. I've never seen a 3d-Pacman. when you have a beta version post a link please!

-CProgrammer
---------------------------
My Website

[edited by - CProgrammer on January 23, 2003 5:10:04 AM]

CProgrammer: the game is in french now and it''s not like you can play it like a traditionnal RTS, but send a mail at NetRushTeam@hotmail.com with your system configuration and i''ll send you a mail when the French/English version will be made

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!