• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum

This topic is 5513 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just finished programming my forum and it works, however i have never seen another code for a cgi Forum in C++ and for optimisation reasons i want to see what technics professionals use. Somebody know a tutorial or short summary on Forum programming. At the moment i''m just getting the user data in a form, checking the username and password. If correct i add the data as a table into a file(html form) When viewing the Posts a top html file and a bottom are loaded and these are displayed with the html file for the posts in the middle. Any suggestions for a better technik? -CProgrammer ---------------------------- My Website

Advertisement
I'm not sure what you're looking for, but the usual way to implement a web-based forum is to use some sort of database for posts and a server-side scripting language like ASP or PHP rather than CGI (CGI programs typically have a fair amount of overhead). AFAIK, that's the way this forum works.

I don't know of any tutorials about "forum programming". It's not exactly rocket science, anyone with a bit of programming experience will be able to do a simple forum. Making the forum software cope with vast amounts of users is a bit trickier, but that's only needed for very popular sites.

[edited by - spock on January 22, 2003 8:19:29 AM]

• Advertisement