Forum

Started by
0 comments, last by CProgrammer 21 years, 2 months ago
I just finished programming my forum and it works, however i have never seen another code for a cgi Forum in C++ and for optimisation reasons i want to see what technics professionals use. Somebody know a tutorial or short summary on Forum programming. At the moment i''m just getting the user data in a form, checking the username and password. If correct i add the data as a table into a file(html form) When viewing the Posts a top html file and a bottom are loaded and these are displayed with the html file for the posts in the middle. Any suggestions for a better technik? -CProgrammer ---------------------------- My Website
Advertisement
I'm not sure what you're looking for, but the usual way to implement a web-based forum is to use some sort of database for posts and a server-side scripting language like ASP or PHP rather than CGI (CGI programs typically have a fair amount of overhead). AFAIK, that's the way this forum works.

I don't know of any tutorials about "forum programming". It's not exactly rocket science, anyone with a bit of programming experience will be able to do a simple forum. Making the forum software cope with vast amounts of users is a bit trickier, but that's only needed for very popular sites.

[edited by - spock on January 22, 2003 8:19:29 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement