MD3 format specification

Started by
33 comments, last by Oxyacetylene 21 years, 2 months ago
Hello,

Tuesdays Gone: I wouldn''t really call that page a File format description but rather an explanation of what is included in the md3 file format. I''m more intrested in how the file itself is structured, and what''s in it.

I downloaded the q3tools source code and started browsing header file and found that they are the best source for the md3 format. If you read them through there''s no problem implementing a MD3-loader.

Thanks to all the people that tried to help, and no thanks to all you flamers out there.

Regards,
Deficite
Regards,
Deficte
Advertisement
Well, thats the last time I fucking help someone. I assume people are competent at programming, and programming concepts, in which case the structure I gave is perfectly adequate. My appologies, in future I''ll be sure not to post links to perfectly good resources. ( Oh, and I didn''t notice anyone had all ready linked to it ).

Death of one is a tragedy, death of a million is just a statistic.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
I don't know anything about MD3, but I think you probably just have a wrong approach to new things to learn.
I scanned through the document in question (not actually reading it, as I'm not interested in the subject), and it looks quite complex. However, in that case, you shouldn't say "I don't get it, it's not structured, I won't use it". For instance, you could structure it yourself, making a summary of it. This is the approach I use when making a presentation for school: By reducing the topic to keywords, and afterwards again expanding these to full sentences, you get a very nice overview about the topic.
Now you'll say "I don't want advice about my attitude, I want an easy-to-use paper!". However, nobody's gonna do a lot of work for you that you could do as well, like searching the web. Just the fact that "you get a headache" isn't a reason for anyone.
This isn't meant to be a flame, but an advice to try to work with what materials you've got, as you can't always choose from thousands of sources.

"George W. Bush Geography Simplification Initiative"

More info on George W. Bush
My Homepage (C++ SDL OpenGL Game Programming)

[edited by - randomZ on January 28, 2003 3:51:11 PM]
---Just trying to be helpful.Sebastian Beschkehttp://randomz.heim.at/
Where did you get the q3 tools source code?

I don''t have a signature
I don't have a signature
ftp.idsoftware.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement