• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coolborderschwietzke

** FADE SCREEN ? **

This topic is 5746 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Idea:
Draw a black polygon in ortho over the scene and blend it... first set blending to 0.0 (completely transparent) and while time progresses increase blending untill it hits 1.0, which is a black screen.
Blending the whole screen is nearly un-do-able if you use blending anywhere else, and I''ve found that this was a good way to make a somewhat darker scene when I drew my menu over it.

I have no idea if this is an attack on the fillrate of your card though, you will have to ask someone else for that.

Fillrate hit is not so bad, becouse for drawing black quad you can disable textures, lighting, VP, reg combiners... all except blending in (alpha, one_minus_alpha) mode

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!