help needed with my FPS

Started by
4 comments, last by manitoon 21 years, 2 months ago
i am a begginer basically .. i am trying to make my own FPS .i dont want extra coll features . just practicing my basics . i have made the camera move so far in a world . placed a dumb monster( with no AI ) and now i want to kill him . i want simple and easy way to implement a gun and fire it . tell me some links of some tutorials which can help me .. anything will be great . any ideas or algorithms will help .. are there any good tutorials out there relating to FPS ?
Advertisement
hi,

you have to learn a few more things before you can get to that part,

here are some of the things i can think of right now,

-learn time-based movement,
-learn building a frame hierarchy, so you can attached the gun with the model, if not, then you would probably build the model with a gun then,
-learn collision detection
-learn picking
http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,
i have already done collision detection . and did you meant picking things up ? and i have no model its the camera that is moving .
displaying gun is not my priority i just want to fire some bullets now .
i can put show a target in the center of screen and that can replace the gun . so now i want to fire bullets in the line of target .
i really need some help .. help me out guys
i really need some help .. help me out guys
well, you are going to need to learn some vector math then. And simple collision detection. Youd have a point that moves on a line towards wherever u pointed.
"Good,evil,I got the gun"Ash- Evil Dead

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement