• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mathematix

OpenGL OpenGL development environment problem.

This topic is 5774 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anybody know why I should get an error 1157 stating that the required .DLL (opengl.dll) cannot be found. I am running Windows ME and have put the dll in my windows/system directory where it should be. I''ve even tried windows/system32, but no luck. Thanks.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
First of all, it sounds like you''re using the wrong files. The correct file should be opengl32.dll, not opengl.dll. Opengl.dll is an obsolete SGI implementation that you probably shouldn''t be using.

Check out the OpenGL Developer''s FAQ on Getting Started for some advice on setting up your system:
http://www.opengl.org/developers/faqs/technical/gettingstarted.htm#0010

Second, make sure that windows/system is actually in your path when you run it. From a command line, type "SET PATH", and see what it says.

Thank you for opening my eyes. Yeah everything is fine system-wise. Just that I was using glutKeyboardFunc() and that seems to require opengl.dll, the obsolete library.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!