acceptable dress code for interview

Started by
21 comments, last by RavNaz 20 years, 8 months ago
""General advice is
1 step above the standard of the workplace.""

I agree. But often its difficult to know . One thing is sure, dont wear jeans or a cap or anything like that. It can only hurt.

Advertisement
Also depends very much on the interviewer. Generally, the first impression is the most important one, that''s a human psychological reflex.

The dress code in our company is very relaxed on positions that do not require customer interaction (jeans, t-shirt, pretty much anything you like). It is much more strict, if you have active contact with customers. Personally, I find it very important that people show up appropriately dressed for an interview: suit + tie, no jeans. I do the same, when I interview someone. Even if they end up in a position where it doesn''t matter later on, it''s a sign of mutual respect to show up in decent clothes for an interview, which is basically your first contact with the company.
"I agree. But often its difficult to know"

This is where the research thing comes to light. You''re going to know where your interview is before going. A simple bit of waiting across the road from their front door between 8-9am, and at lunchtime garners MUCH information about dress code inside the building.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement