• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Windows in DOS

This topic is 5505 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m looking for some kind of development kit or API that will let me create Windows like controls in DOS. Something I could make check boxes and the sort. I''m just messing around for a little project so I really don''t want to take the time to try and create this stuff myself. I''ve looked around but haven''t really found anything. Everything is for doing 3D stuff, I just want to be able to make some windows and have some mouse support.

Advertisement
borland''s turbovision is pretty cool, and comes with full source code. it gives you the kind of user interface you''d find in any windowed dos program, like edit or qbasic. it shipped with borland c++ 3.x and possibly 4.x, not sure about older/newer versions.

maybe it''s not installed. go to the installer again, it should be on the main options screen. it should have a dedicated subdir under bcpp root. try looking for .cpp/.h files that start with ''tv''.

My install CD is at home but I found a site that has all the files and a bunch of demo stuff as well, http://web.tiscali.it/no-redirect-tiscali/ssigala2/tvision/resources.html.

Tempting but I don''t need to buy another compiler for this one project. But I do have a problem with Turbo Vision, I don''t have tv.lib. If the Turbo Vision stuff is on the CD its five hours away at home. Anybody have the libarary for Borland 3.1?

i think you can build tv.lib yourself from provided sources.

edit: i can try to find it somewhere in my cd pile, but the earliest that can happen is six hours from now. let me know if you still need it.

[edited by - niyaw on January 23, 2003 4:26:18 PM]

• Advertisement