Line count in VC++ 6.0

Started by
8 comments, last by TheBlackJester 21 years, 2 months ago
Hey, I've been looking for a way to find out the line count in a vc++ project and I haven't been able to. If anyone knows how could you please let me know? Thanks

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: TheBlackJester Team: Wildfire Studios
Projects O A.D. The Last Alliance [edited by - TheBlackJester on January 22, 2003 10:32:44 PM]

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: [email=darkswordtbj@hotmail.com]TheBlackJester[/email]Team: Wildfire Games
Projects O A.D.The Last Alliance

Advertisement
Note that I haven''t tested it, but I think the two macros
__LINE__ and __FILE__ help out. I''m not sure it''s in caps either...

Hope this ''shot in the dark'' helps.

=^.^= Leaders and teachers should remember: It is best to offer others what they Need, not what they Want.
=^.^= Leaders and teachers should remember: It is best to offer others what they Need, not what they Want.
Yeah, I''m familiar with those but thats not quite what I''m looking for. I''m talking about the total cammulative line count of the entire program.

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: TheBlackJester
Team: Wildfire Studios

Projects
O A.D.
The Last Alliance

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: [email=darkswordtbj@hotmail.com]TheBlackJester[/email]Team: Wildfire Games

if you had alot of time on your hands, you could go through every file, right cliking, and choosing properties. This should display a box containing the line count of the current file along with some other info.

return Neff;
if you have any significant code, then perhaps you could write a short program that would parse any .h and .cpp file in a given directory and count the lines, should be easy.
What I think you''re looking for is the "Project Line Counter" from this website. It''s an Add-in for MSVC and it works really well.

-scott
Download Project Line Counter from http://www.wndtabs.com -- works great, searches either the workspace or individual projects, gives a break down of code, comments, blank lines, etc.

dang nabbit, beaten to the punch
Awesome

Thank you very much. The program works great and is exactly what I was looking for

neff and padre: that''s what macros are for in visual studio

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement