• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dawei_21cn

Hi all! Iwant to know How develop the TV game?(like PS2,Xbox)

This topic is 5690 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Hello,

I''m not familiar with development for PS2 or X-box, however I think that you need DirectX for X-Box. Either way you need to get a development license for both those consoles and they are really, really expensive. A good idea is to learn c/c++ really well and also openGL or DirectX, from there you can work youself into the industry and start coding ps2/b-box games.

Regards,
Deficite

Guest Anonymous Poster
or there''s always the dev kit for the ps2 (using linux i think) and chipped xbox''s take unsigned code.

I know the answer to this one! Lookup a program called Renderware. Its a GUI program that allows you code a complete program and then when you''re done, you simply choose the platform you wish to run it on, Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, PC and voila, multiplatform game!

quote:
Original post by mercman
I know the answer to this one! Lookup a program called Renderware. Its a GUI program that allows you code a complete program and then when you''re done, you simply choose the platform you wish to run it on, Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, PC and voila, multiplatform game!

However renderware has a large price tag stuck on the side.

I would suggest learning how to code a game on whatever you have sitting on your desk. Development of PS2 and XBox titles does require more effort and knowledge than a simple game. First start simple, then progress.....

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!