Hi all! Iwant to know How develop the TV game?(like PS2,Xbox)

Started by
3 comments, last by dawei_21cn 21 years, 3 months ago
Which lanuguage? C or C++ or ASM? Which platform? windows or Linux? Please tell me more Thanks!
Advertisement
Hello,

I''m not familiar with development for PS2 or X-box, however I think that you need DirectX for X-Box. Either way you need to get a development license for both those consoles and they are really, really expensive. A good idea is to learn c/c++ really well and also openGL or DirectX, from there you can work youself into the industry and start coding ps2/b-box games.

Regards,
Deficite
Regards,
Deficte
or there''s always the dev kit for the ps2 (using linux i think) and chipped xbox''s take unsigned code.
I know the answer to this one! Lookup a program called Renderware. Its a GUI program that allows you code a complete program and then when you''re done, you simply choose the platform you wish to run it on, Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, PC and voila, multiplatform game!
>>>> Ineo <<<<
quote:Original post by mercman
I know the answer to this one! Lookup a program called Renderware. Its a GUI program that allows you code a complete program and then when you''re done, you simply choose the platform you wish to run it on, Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, PC and voila, multiplatform game!

However renderware has a large price tag stuck on the side.

I would suggest learning how to code a game on whatever you have sitting on your desk. Development of PS2 and XBox titles does require more effort and knowledge than a simple game. First start simple, then progress.....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement