• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mr_agentsmith

Will there be "C# Applets"?

This topic is 5689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

.Net and C#''s abilities are great. But will there ever be something similar to Java Applets running in a browser window, with the "slight" difference to Java that you can just use (most) of your existing C# code? Your info is very appreciated, Robert

Advertisement
prabably not you are talking about javascript applets right? If you are there is no real equivelent. The closest thing is webservices but I think you still need to have asp.net installed on the computer the page is on to access them (I''m fuzzy on this one as I have never tried it on a computer without asp .net) Web services work like a library you make your code access certian methods from the webservice and it returns a certain value/does somthing but it is not embedded in your web page(or code behind page) it is usually (or can be) on a whole different network or web domain. You can still have it on your own server but the idea of them is being able to expose things to other programmers to use. Say like a news feed or chat room, you build the server and they build clients then there clients request stuff and your server gives it to them.

I think the answer is no. C# cannot do applets like what java can!

And web services is totally different with applets.

If you really want to do a game and put it online, use flash mx + flash communication server + C# or wildtangent + C#. I will still prefer wildtangent here.

:D

Thank you.

Regards,
Chua Wen Ching

"Very new to games I think"

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!