Old DirectX versions

Started by
8 comments, last by Crispy 21 years, 2 months ago
Hi, does anyone have (and would like to upload to me) or know where I could download DirectX 2, 3 or 4 SDK. DX3 would be the best choice. Don''t ask why If I remember correctly it was some 6 or so megs in size... Thanks, Crispy
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
Advertisement
The older SDKs are part of the newer SDKs. I''m using the DirectX 8.1 SDK to develop on Windows NT 4.0. The SDK will install properly and you''ll be able to invoke all of the 3.0 functionality that NT supports.

Kressilac
ps If you need it because of size constraints then you may be out of luck as they are very difficult to come by unless you know a developer with a CD.
Derek Licciardi (Kressilac)Elysian Productions Inc.
you can download dx3-9 here.

500x1
:wq!
kressilac: I don''t need the backwards compatibility. I need the SDK to have a look at a specific example which I know was there.

emptyhead: an interesting site, indeed. however, it seems they started charging people money for access to certain parts of it as of jan 1 this year. this includes the dx''s. do you happen to know any other place I could download it or, perhaps, you have downloaded the sdk yourself and wouldn''t mind uploading it to me. this requires a little bit of coordination on my side so if you can, please let me know in advance and I''ll post the address.

Crispy

"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
Oh sorry i missed that.

I don''t have the complete sdk''s, but i do have the documentation for version 3-9.

You can mail me if you want it.

500x2
:wq!
I don''t think the docs hold the answer this time... Thanks for the offer anyway! Does anyone know some other place one could download old dx SDK''s, perhaps?

Crispy
http://sw.adhoc.ch/DRIVERS/directx/

im not sure but this appears to be the directx 3 sdk
Hey Emptyhead would you mind sending me the documentation for DirectX 7 plz? Thanks

rhammer13@yahoo.com
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
http://sw.adhoc.ch/DRIVERS/directx/

im not sure but this appears to be the directx 3 sdk

That''s the one! Thanks!

quote:Original post by Bakingsoda36
Hey Emptyhead would you mind sending me the documentation for DirectX 7 plz? Thanks
Isn''t that still available from Microsoft''s DirectX page (http:\\msdn.microsoft.com/directx)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement