• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobboau

thicker wire frames

This topic is 5599 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

is there a way to get vert buffers rendered with D3DPT_LINESTRIP to be rendered wider than just 1 pixel wide, it looks very dis-dointed, also, while I''m posting, is there a way of changeing the z value of a vertex buffer just before it is to be rendered.

Advertisement
I remember, when I changed from OpenGL down to DirectX, I was also disappointed. But you`ll have to live with 1-pixel wide lines. I`ve searched DX docs few times, have few books on DX, but I can`t remember seeing point or line-thick parameter there. I`m using different color, or something other to higlight things in wireframe mode. Or you can scale it few times and render it, It`ll be sorta thicker.

VladR

There is a way to do it. Make your own wireframe renderer. Take the points in order of the Primitive Type and connect them by a 2D Sprite Object in Screen space(not too Hard in a Vertex Shader). Since the wireframe mode is not the fastes mode of rendering on some cards and the ability to render lines or something else the way you whant, it may be a good choise.(It wound be a way to render a wireframe the way it is shown in Movies, like glowing lines)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!