• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mursel

FPS and DirectX Graphics

This topic is 5602 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

OK! I wanted to learn Directx8 so i bought Jim''s book: Programming RPG g''s with directx8. It is realy excelent book for beginners, but i want to make a fps games so what is your opinion what next book to buy so I can learn real fps game programming? thanks

Advertisement
as far as i know there arent any books specifically for fps games. I would suggest u use the rpg book to make ur fps. It has everything u need. It shows u how to make a first person camera, how to load levels, how to use bsp trees. it has an input class and an audio class, it shows soome basic ai routines too. and it even shows how to make a simple scripting system. (now that i think about it, i think the author has out done himself really )

so u have all that. why not use it?

:::Al:::
[Triple Buffer V2.0] - Resource leak imminent. Memory status: Fragile

I just thought that there is book about fps and so on... yes there are good examples in Jim''s book...and even more fps camera examples then rpg...

thank you

ps.

my english is bad sorry

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!