• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sh0rtaaay

yes, noise/flicker/static me want :)

This topic is 5775 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As the topic states, I have no idea of how I could make one of these effects. I have loaded this .tga on a quad, it's got some black parts and everything not black, is transparent. So i've used
glEnable(GL_BLEND);
glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);

.. to make the alpha channel transparent. Now, how do I get one of these "noise/flicker/static" effects on the NOT-transparent areas of the texture? [edited by - sh0rtaaay on January 23, 2003 4:46:36 PM]

Advertisement
If you are trying to achive, what I had in mind a couple of months ago, then do this...

Make a random value for each frame (or time segment) and pass this random value to the alpha part of glColor4f eg.:

glColor4f(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, alpha);

It makes great laser effect where the generator cannot make a static electricity source, so it does not have enugh energy and it flashes ... I hope that''s what you wanted.

Dan Fekete
Skyersoft Games

If everybody has it''s own matrix, then mine is an identity

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!