• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decent freespace engine

This topic is 5508 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok im rather new to 3d programming but i was wanting to find a tutoral on how to make a engine like decent freespace (space game) i dont want anything great just a engine that uses direct3d and can handle lots of ships flying a round and objects floatin by with out killing fps any help is cool thanks Im a Idiot Savant without the Savant

Advertisement
You know that the source to FreeSpace 2 is linked to from this website? Source to FreeSpace 2 as linked from the Resources section of this website. I''d really recommend reviewing the code. Learn as much of it as you can. It''s an older engine, but it was still pretty decent and will give you a better grasp on some of the concepts. The source is pretty huge as most engines are, so just don''t allow yourself to get overwhelmed by it all.

also the FS SCP forum is here, I am one of the guys working on it, we apriciate all the help we can get

• Advertisement