SourceForge, how to CVS??

Started by
7 comments, last by Seriema 21 years, 2 months ago
Hello!! I''ve done lokal CVS _once_ and it didn''t quite work. I could save the files, but not retrieve them because the program (WinCVS) said they weren''t saved... But I could go get them manually I got an SourceForge account, but I can''t figure out how-to CVS to it. What program should I use? How should I use it? I''ve already read the beginners CVS tutorial here on gamedev.net, didn''t work. If someone here that has CVS''ed against SourceForge I''d be very thankfull! (tried to mail them, no answer for over a month so I''ve given up on that) "No lies of sugar can sweeten the sournes of reality" }+TITANIUM+{ A.K.A. DXnewbie[onMIRC]
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Advertisement
It depends on what you want to do with it Did you create a new project on Sourceforge and are trying to commit code to it or are you just trying to check out code as anonymous from a different project?

I've done a lot of CVS stuff on sourceforge without much problem. If you post a little more info I can probably help you out some more.

-----------
Andrew

[edited by - acraig on January 23, 2003 8:10:06 PM]
Last I heard, SF''s pserver was down. You may need to use :ext: instead. It does require write access to your repository though.
well...

I''m making a project, with several group members. It''s called InUsUnited and can be found at inusunited.sourceforge.net, but we haven''t done anything to it yet

I started a new user, I called it inusunited because I thought I started a new project. Well well, I''ll e-mail them about that come to think of it...

I want to be able to upload my .cpp and .h files, so the other members and I always have the latest files... They should be able to update to.

I''m using Windows XP, if that means anything

"No lies of sugar can sweeten the sournes of reality"

}+TITANIUM+{ A.K.A. DXnewbie[onMIRC]
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Well, first you have to set up WinCVS to allow for developer access. You can find information about that here. Then you need to create a module in your repository and do an "initial check-in" of you code. You can find information about that here. ( Look at #4 )

At the moment I'm under linux so I cannot give the exact syntax for wincvs. If you still have problems let me know and I can try and get that.

SF's pserver is back up now so anonymous access should work again for anybody who does not have write access to your repository to check out code.

---------
Andrew

[edited by - acraig on January 23, 2003 8:57:51 PM]
I hate to hijack your thread but I''m going to anyway. One of my friends has been having troubles setting up his CVS client (WinCVS) and I was wondering if there are any good recourses for getting help?
I found it much easier to use

http://www.tortoisecvs.org/

than WinCVS myself. Really cant go to wrong with it.
"Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information upon it." - Samuel Johnson
1. Download WinCVS
2. Download SSH Secure Shell
- Connect to SSH with your username and your password.
- Close SSH.
3. Open WinCVS.
4. In WinCVS:
- Adminin->Preferences:
- Authenticaton: ssh
- Path: /cvsroot/name_of_your_project
- Host address: cvs.name_of_your_project.sourceforge.net
- User Name: your_user_name
- CVSROOT: your_user_name@cvs.name_of_your_project.sourceforge.net:/cvcsroot/name_of_your_project
5. Checkout your project.

Good luck!
I've followed every step, and everything worked so far. But when I try to "Add" a file it says:
cvs add: warning: unrecognized response `inusunited@cvs.inusunited.sourceforge.net's password:
' from cvs server

my username is the same as the project unfortunatly, "inusunited"

what tha?...

[edited by - Seriema on January 26, 2003 4:54:19 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement